2013 Lakes Region Barrel Tasting Weekend
Saturday and Sunday
October 5th and 6th
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: No charge to participate (some wineries sell a tasting glass in order to taste wine)
“Like” our Facebook Page for event updates
Once again, the following Lake Region wineries have collaborated to bring you this exciting and fun event:
At each winery, guests will have the opportunity to taste young wines directly from the oak and stainless steel barrels that are used to ferment and age the varietals. Not only will it be a unique opportunity to taste wine in the early stages of its development, visitors will be able to meet the wine makers, tour the wine making facilities, and learn all about the wine making process. In addition, many of the wineries will be hosting other local vendors during the event, and offering special foods and wine-related items to guests.
For those who visit more than one of the participating wineries that weekend, there will be chances to win generous prizes donated by local businesses.
You must visit at least four wineries to be entered into the raffle, the more wineries you visit, the more raffle prizes you are eligible to win:
All guests who get their wine map stamped by all seven wineries will have their name drawn for all available raffle prizes. If you visit at least six wineries during the weekend, you are eligible for all but the top two prizes, five wineries, all but the top four prizes, four wineries, all but the top six prizes. You must visit at least four wineries to be eligible for the remaining raffle prizes.. THE MORE WINERIES YOU VISIT, THE MORE CHANCES TO WIN!
- Grand Prize: Lake House At Ferry Point, 3 night stay in the Lake Solitude Suite, valued at $815 (MUST VISIT ALL SEVEN WINERIES TO BE ELIGIBLE)
- Grand Prize 2: The Inns & Spa at Mill Falls in Meredith, NH donated a two-night stay at Church Landing valued at $750 (MUST VISIT ALL SEVEN WINERIES)
- A two-night stay at Steele Hill Resort valued at $300 (MUST VISIT SIX WINERIES)
- Two Night Stay at the Black Swan Inn in Tilton valued at $250.00 (MUST VISIT SIX WINERIES)
- One night stay at the Coppertoppe Inn and Retreat Center, valued at $189.00 (MUST VISIT FIVE WINERIES)
- One night stay at the The Henry Whipple House in Bristol, valued at $165.00 (MUST VISIT FIVE WINERIES)
- Dinner for two at Gilmanton Winery’s restaurant valued at $100 (MUST VISIT FOUR WINERIES)
- A gift basket made up of wine and wine related items from each winery valued at over $100. (MUST VISIT FOUR WINERIES)
- Cozy Pond Camping Resort, a weekend or two night stay, valued at $74.00 (MUST VISIT FOUR WINERIES)
- Dinner for two at the Flying Goose Pub, valued at $50.00 (MUST VISIT FOUR WINERIES)
- Dinner for two at the Millstone Restaurant, valued at $50.00 (MUST VISIT FOUR WINERIES)
There is no cost to participate in the event with the exception that some wineries require the purchase of a winery logo glass to taste ($3-5).
All seven Lakes Region wineries pride themselves on crafting quality New Hampshire traditional grape, fruit, and honey wines, many of which have received awards in national and international tastings. Most of the wineries grow their grapes in their own family vineyards, and all of them place the greatest emphasis on locally grown fruit and honey, working closely with local farmers and pickers to find the best possible fruit with which to make their wine. Lakes Region wines are available in the wineries’ tasting rooms and restaurants, as well as at local wine shops and eateries.
You can read more about last years event on our blog.
For questions about the event you can email us at bob @ hermitwoods.com or contact us at 603-253-7968